We are currently able to accept the following insurances for medically necessary services:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Medicaid for residents of Durham and Wake counties in North Carolina
- McLaughlin Young EAP
Private Pay Policy
Therapy can often cost $100 or more per hour, which can get quite expensive when it’s all said and done. We’re not saying that good, high-quality therapy isn’t worth that (we actually think its priceless!), we just believe that it makes more sense to offer our services at a price that we feel works for ALL of our potential clients. At Mindly, we put you in control of your treatment, and this includes deciding how frequent and for how long we will work together. With that said, after a comprehensive assessment has been completed and before treatment begins we will always clearly explain our professional treatment recommendations, including frequency and duration of treatment, so that you can make an informed decision about your treatment.
How It Works
To pay for services, you purchase “Mindly Minutes” (sort of like purchasing minutes for a prepaid cellular phone). Minutes are then deducted from your balance for each scheduled therapy appointment. If/when you run out of minutes, all you do is purchase more minutes through whichever payment plan best suits your circumstances and needs. If you choose the pay-as-you-go payment option, please note that you will not be permitted to schedule future appointments until payment is received for the prior appointment.
A clinical assessment is required before beginning individual, family, and/or couples psychotherapy/counseling services.
Pay as You Go
300 Minute Plan Approx. 5 sessions
$400One time purchase
600 Minute Plan approx. 10 sessions
$600One time purchase
*Standard session is 60 minutes
Minimum in-home session duration is 75 minutes when using a Mindly Minute payment plan.
Minimum in-office session duration is 30 minutes when using a Mindly Minute payment plan.
“The Fine Print”
We try to keep it simple, but for good, well-thought out reasons we had to establish a few rules:
- Intake session fee is $125 – The intake is an in-depth assessment of current functioning/clinical assessment, signing of paperwork, etc. and can take up to 2 hours to complete.
- Minutes are non-refundable. Please take this into consideration when choosing your payment plan. A typical course of treatment is between 8-12 sessions, so even if you only attend 8 appointments you would only end up paying $75 per session, a savings of $20 per session over our pay-as-you-go option.
- Payment is to be made prior to all appointments. It is your responsibility to make sure that you have enough Mindly Minutes left to pay for your scheduled therapy sessions. Payment is required prior to all scheduled appointments.
- Using minutes for multiple clients. Parents, this is for you! If you have more than one child receiving services you are free to pay for all of your children’s services using the same payment plan. You buy the minutes, you get to decide how to use them.
- Changing Mindly Minute plans. You are free to upgrade your Mindly Minute plans whenever you like! When you do this, we will apply your remaining Mindly Minutes to the new, higher minute plan and you will only be responsible for paying the remaining balance at the new plan’s per-minute rate (which will be less expensive than the lower plan).
Does Mindly offer a sliding-scale payment option?
We do not, and here’s why. We believe in charging the same amount for our services no matter the person, period. Charging different rates can negatively impact the relationship dynamic between therapist and client as it invites the possibility that the client may be viewed as dollar sign rather than an actual person. We want to be sure that we are making service decisions based on the mental health needs of our clients and not merely our own economic needs. Don’t get us wrong, we expect to make a fair profit from the services we provide. We just refuse to compromise our ethics along the way.